- We seek ways to build and solidify lasting relationships with our customers, vendors, and peers.
- We strive to never act in a short-sighted manner and to do whatever it takes to preserve our relationships with our customers, vendors, and peers.
- It is through putting Relationships First that we will create: 1) a financially secure organization, 2) a rewarding place to work, and 3) more opportunities to build lasting relationships.
- We hold ourselves accountable to do what we say we are going to do, when we say we are going to do it - for our customers, suppliers, and each other.
- We strive to fully understand the "wake" that we create with our actions - internally and externally.
- We are Confident that we will accomplish our goals, yet we have the Humility to admit that we do not always have the right answers.
- Our customers, suppliers, and teammates can feel this confidence, yet we strive to never be perceived as arrogant.
- If we are perceived to be arrogant in any interaction, regardless of our opinion of this perception, we have fallen short in this interaction.
- We acknowledge that we do not always have the answers and, therefore, strive to constantly Learn & Grow in an effort to make the organization and ourselves better.
- Anyone we encounter (internal or external) has some piece of knowledge that can be bestowed upon us, and we strive to always have our antennas up to receive this knowledge.
- Regardless of what we know or learn today, there is more we can learn tomorrow and we strive to be proactive in seeking knowledge from others, experiences, and publications.
- With any aspect of life or business, there is always a way to Make it Better, even though we may initially feel otherwise.
- This mindset drives us to seek continuous improvement to ourselves, our processes, and our products.
- We are committed to questioning the status quo knowing that this is what it will take for us to evolve and grow.
MediCore In the News
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas- 9/15/16 - – Medical supply company MediCore in Nashville, has been awarded the NOVAPLUS® Supplier of the Year Award from Vizient, Inc., the largest member-owned health care company in the country. The award was presented on Tuesday, April 12 at the 2016 Vizient Supplier Summit, held in Las Vegas.
Lineus Medical completed an exclusive distribution agreement for the United States and Puerto Rico with the medical supply distributor MediCore. Nashville, TN-based MediCore currently manufactures and sells lancets and other medical devices to hospitals that are in a similar market space and have the same sales call patterns that Lineus Medical's product requires. MediCore has secured several Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) contracts that allow the company to sell into over 3000 of the 5686 hospitals in the United States. MediCore also has established agreements with major hospital distribution companies such as Owens & Minor, Cardinal and many others that allow MediCore's products to have a significant national reach.Speaking about the distribution agreement, Spencer Jones, Founder and CEO of Lineus Medical, said, "MediCore is already successfully selling products into every U.S. State and has the contacts and agreements with GPOs and distribution companies that are needed when selling medical devices into hospitals. We intend to plug the SafeBreak I.V. product into their well established and successful selling processes. One of the reasons MediCore has been so successful in their safety lancet business over the past 5 years is their ability to obtain and leverage strategic relationships," said Jones. "These strategic relationships, coupled with individual sales representatives contacting hospitals locally, is a strategy that should maximize the reach of our product offering."
MediCore has experienced tremendous growth under the leadership of their CEO, Josh Pittman. Commenting on the distribution agreement, Pittman stated, "MediCore has spent years developing relationships and building the distribution, sales, and contract expertise that is required in today's medical device market. Lineus Medical has developed what we think is a break-through product for the medical field and, specifically, the vascular access space. We are excited about the opportunity to launch the SafeBreak I.V. once it receives FDA clearance. We believe that we can greatly reduce the number of I.V. lines that are dislodged annually in the U.S., leading to significantly improved patient outcomes – something our healthcare system greatly needs in today's healthcare environment. We are also excited to align MediCore with the highly innovative Lineus team and feel that our respective teams complement one another in a multitude of ways."
ABOUT LINEUS MEDICAL
Lineus Medical is the developer of a unique, patented, break-away technology that works with all types of medical tubing. The break-away feature helps prevent the dislodgement or pull-out of feeding tubes, IV lines, urinary catheters and any other types of medical tubing by breaking into two pieces and protecting the patient's catheter insertion site. The company's first product, SafeBreak I.V., fits into any standard I.V. tubing and will help prevent I.V. dislodgements, which occur millions of times a year in the United States. More information about Lineus Medical and MediCore can be found on their respective company websites: www.lineusmed.com and www.medicore.com.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee, 8/17/16 - Nashville-area companies Axe Wellness, Commodore Leasing and Puckett's Grocery & Restaurant's owner, A. Marshall Family Foods, were among top-growth companies named in the Inc. 5000 2016 report.
The Inc. 5000 list highlights the nation's companies that have made significant gains during the past three years. The local companies represent several sectors ranging from health, real estate, software, restaurants and media.
Axe Wellness ranked highest, at No. 130. The company, which owns the Dr. Axe brand, generated revenues of $11.6 million and grew by 2,645 percent in three years, according to Inc. Created by Josh Axe, a natural medicine doctor with a background in chiropractics, the Draxe.com website features fitness, natural medicines and nutrition and has more than six million monthly visitors, according to the site. The online store sells oils and supplements, including protein shakes and probiotics.
Jones Therapy Services and Aerial Development Group also ranked in the top five growth companies for the Nashville area.
The Nashville Business Journal is pleased to announce the finalists for this year's Small Business of the Year Awards.
To assemble our list of honorees, we first accepted nominations from the public. New this year (these were formerly known as the Small Business Awards), we then organized nominees into categories based on industries. An independent panel of judges scored each of the nominees on a variety of criteria, from revenue growth to their business plans.
The companies scoring the highest are listed below alphabetically by category. Winners in each category will be announced live at an awards luncheon on July 28, including an overall Small Business of the Year.
Please join me in congratulating this years honorees:
- Lovell Communications Inc.
- TNDV: Television LLC
- David Adams Wealth Group
- Southwestern Investment Group
- Bernard Health
- KJK LLC
- Radiation Business Solutions
- Jackalope Brewing Co.
- The Chef and I
- The Peach Truck
- Quad-R Inc. (Rae Products)
- FoxFuel Creative
- Golden Spiral LLC
- Local Search Masters
- The Greathouse Co. LLC
- Work Institute
- Aerial Development Group
- Van Mol Restoration
- Batch Nashville
- South By Sea
- Abenity Inc.
- Computer Pros
- Concept Technology Inc.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee, 6/6/16 – Medical supply company MediCore in Nashville, has been awarded the NOVAPLUS® Supplier of the Year Award from Vizient, Inc., the largest member-owned health care company in the country. The award was presented on Tuesday, April 12 at the 2016 Vizient Supplier Summit, held in Las Vegas.
MediCore is the exclusive manufacturer of NOVAPLUS® phlebotomy products at market best prices. ReadyLance™ Pressure Activated Safety Lancets have a state-of-the-art firing mechanism and tri-bevel needle which make it the most user-friendly and comfortable lancet on the market. MediHeel™ is a single-use contact activated safety heel stick designed specifically with infants in mind. The device incorporates the world's first "usage indicator" and offers a gentle and safe blood sampling device for newborns, infants and babies.
“We are building a great relationship with Vizient and it is a tremendous honor for them to recognize our company and our hard work with this award,” said MediCore CEO Josh Pittman. “Our business continues to grow and we have a team that understands hard work and how to take care of the customer. When your team has this trait, revenue growth tends to take care of itself.”
“We are pleased to recognize Medicore’s commitment to collaboration and service excellence that helps our members meet their supply chain goals while also delivering exceptional care to the patients they serve.” said Pete Allen, executive vice president, sourcing operations for Vizient.